1. I love quilts, all quilts. Yes some are not necessarily my taste but then that will present a challenge for me which helps me to grow as a quilter. Also I never know what my customers are piecing and I love to see new quilts.
this is my Moms quilt, she pieced it and embroidered each block. It was a Thimbleberries Club Block of the Month. These are not my colours, but I really love how it turned out and it lives on my Parents bed keeping them snuggly warm together which brings me great joy!
2. I love that my customers will often let me play with their quilts and give them suggestions that I think will work, and I also love when my customers want something in particular that might stretch me and cause me to grow in my skills.
This quilt that Tara brought me took me a while to complete, but was a pure joy to quilt and I still love looking at the pictures. (the hand applique on this quilt is incredible!)
2. I love quilters, there is something about people who cut up fabric only to sew it all back together. We share a joy that perhaps non quilters don’t understand. When my customers bring me their tops they are usually very excited about having them quilted and getting them finished. Some are for personal use, some for special gifts and I get to share in the joy.
I have quilted a couple of wedding gift quilts for Terri, I love her colour choices!
3. I love helping beginner quilters learn more about this art, as a longarm quilter I’m often able to give encouragement and offer suggestions to the new quilter how they can grow as a quilter. I am also able to watch them progress in their quilting skills..
this is a sweet baby quilt that Ellen made for her Grandson before he arrived she did an incredible job on this quilt and has continued to grow in her skills and her joy in quilting!
Mabel made 2 quilts this is one of them, she made them for her granddaughters and it was a true joy working with her!
4. I really love to have my customers come by with their quilts or for pick ups and have a little visit and share the joy of quilting.
Jeanette’s True North Strong and Free Quilt..I will be writing a separate post on this beauty!
5. I Love quilts, I love quilting and I love to share this joy with others!