I’ve been tagged by Nancy H. so I decided I’d give it a try 🙂
Now, you chosen ones, this is what you have to do:
A. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
B. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
1. When I go shopping with my girls I never carry any of the purchases, I’m not sure when this started but now that they are getting older and don’t always come with me I’ve had to get used to actually picking up the bag and carrying it myself.
2. I asked Erik if there was anything unusual about me that he could think of, his answer was that I don’t swear. Well I can’t say that I never have but its not a habit of mine and on the rare occasion it happens people are usually pretty shocked.
3. I first decided that I needed to make a quilt when I was a teen watching Little House on the Prairie. I told my Mom that I loved their blankets and wanted to make one like that.
4. I can’t really remember not sewing.
5. I had never been fishing until I went with Erik and now that I have been I can’t seem to get enough of it.
6. I love clotheslines, hanging clothes, looking at the clothes hanging there blowing in the wind, taking the clothes off the line and folding them and the best part is the smell of the sheets off the line when I sleep. I haven’t had a clothesline for about 9 years now and I sure miss it.
7. Life really amazes me sometimes!
C. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. I think, because I think everyone has probably already been tagged I’ll just say that if you haven’t been and want to be then consider yourself tagged.
Sunday we celebrated Birthdays, My Moms, My Aunts ( my moms sister) and my eldest as well.
When my 4 girls get together they get so silly and giggly their connection is so strong, I love the friendships they have and are developing with each other as they grow and mature. Growing up I always wished I had a sister but that wish never came true, then I wished I could have a daughter 🙂 that wish was granted 4 times and what a true blessing they are in my life.
My Aunt and my Mom and I. I was my Aunts Flower girl back when I was very small. The three of us all quilt, and although my Aunt had taken a quilting class before I discovered quilting, I was the one who introduced them to our craft.
Winter came earlier this year than it has in many years. This seems more normal to me for this time of the year. I’m not crazy about the freezing cold weather but there is something so magical about all the snow.
I took this picture last Saturday night after our shopping trip it had been snowing all evening.
This is what we woke up to.
How Beautiful is this!!
Instead we went to Duluth MN. The dollar is almost at par which was a big treat for us!
What a beautiful time of the year and the weather was incredibly and unseasonably warm. Apparently we broke the record high this weekend that was 21C it reached 29C and wow was it muggy too. The leaves were just gorgeous along the lake shore. (for those of you who don’t know the drive from the MN border to Duluth is mostly along Lake Superior and the scenery really is spectacular.
This is the waterfall just past the border into the States its so easy to miss the turn off but now that we’ve discovered it we’ll be returning.
Katie and I with Captain Morgan…..
and above a Rabbagoat…..found in Toms Cabin Store near Knife River MN.
This quilt was pieced by my Aunt Marie (my moms sister) Quilted by me, bound by my mom and given to my Aunt Barb to comfort and encourage her in her battle with Brain Cancer.
I used Michelle and Terri’s Panto Feeling Groovy